IELTS examination course Enrol now
Our 4-week intensive (International English Language Testing System) courses provide full and thorough preparation for the IELTS exam. The IELTS courses always end on a Friday and in most cases, the IELTS exam is held the following day (Saturday).
With a strong exam focus, our courses guide students through the four different parts, familiarising them with IELTS exam techniques and requirements, so that students know exactly what to expect and are confident of their own abilities when they sit down to start the exam (see Academic profile below for more information).
Many IELTS courses combine IELTS preparation with General English – but this is an unproductive strategy, and the student’s efforts become diluted. Our intensive 4-week courses are far better, enabling students to focus completely on the IELTS exam, and to achieve their full potential in the exam itself.
Students who need to improve their English level should enrol in our General English courses before switching to the IELTS course (for example, 12 weeks General English + 4 weeks IELTS). On average, students need to study in a General English course for 12 weeks to improve their IELTS score by 1 point.
OSE has an international reputation for excellence in examinations. Since we started to run our 4-week IELTS course, 96% of our students have achieved the score they needed. Click here to see a table of our most recent IELTS exam results.
The Oxford IELTS testing centre is 100m from our school.
Universities in the UK
Many of the students taking our IELTS course plan to study at a UK university. We have partnerships with many UK universities, including Oxford Brookes University, and our Academic team is always on hand to provide in-depth help and advice to students aiming to move on to Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses.
Our IELTS tutors are very experienced in this exam, and you can trust them to provide you with all you need to get your best possible result.
The course includes:
- 4 weeks of intensive training for all 4 parts of the IELTS exam
- Practice tests and exam preparation throughout
- Training in academic reading, listening, writing and speaking
- Extensive vocabulary building
- 4 full mock exams in exam conditions
- Training in exam skills and strategies
- Weekly on-to-one sessions with your tutor
- Detailed individual feedback
IELTS Course Dates
- 28-01-2019 « » 22-02-2019
- 25-02-2019 « » 22-03-2019
- 25-03-2019 « » 05-04-2019
- 8/4-3/5 08-04-2019 « » 03-05-2019 (N.B. Easter = 19/4 & 22/4)
- 07-05-2019 « » 31-05-2019
- 03-06-2019 « » 21-06-2019 (3-week accelerated course include additional afternoon lessons)
- 1/7-26/7 01-07-2019 « » 26-07-2019
- 29-07-2019 « » 16-08-2019 (3-week accelerated course include additional afternoon lessons)
- 19-08-2019 « » 06-09-2019 (3-week accelerated course include additional afternoon lessons)
- 16-09-2019 « » 11-10-2019
- 28-10-2019 « » 22-11-2019
Students must be at a minimum of CEFR level B2 to enrol in this course.
Every year students from more than 70 different countries enrol in courses in OSE, so you’ll be in good company. Our students make lifelong friends from all over the world, learn about other cultures, receive invitations to visit countries they’ve never been to before and, best of all, get lots of practice in listening and speaking English!
Age range of students
While most of the students in our IELTS courses are age 18 – 24, we welcome students of any age into the course.
Our IELTS classes are very small, with a maximum of 8 students, but there are often only 4 – 6 students per class.
Lessons are Monday to Friday.
|09:30 – 10:45||Lesson 1|
|10:45 – 11:15||Break in our student lounge|
|11:15 – 12:30||Lesson 2|
|12:30 – 12:45||Break in our student lounge|
|12:45 – 13:35||Lesson 3|